Welcome to Health Naturally!
Specializing in therapeutic essential oils and custom blends
What is Naturopathic Health?
Naturopathic health blends centuries-old natural, non-toxic therapies with current advances in the study of health and human systems, covering all aspects of family health from prenatal to geriatric care.
Naturopathic health is a distinct system of primary health care that has roots back to ancient Greece and Hippocrates, who taught, “Nature is the healer of all diseases.” Naturopathic medicine is an art, science, philosophy and practice of healing and preventing disease.
Naturopathy concentrates on whole-client wellness; the treatment is tailored to the client and emphasizes prevention and self-care. Doctors of naturopathy cooperate with all other branches of medical science referring patients to other practitioners for diagnosis or treatment when appropriate.
Major Tenets of Naturopathy:
Alternative Medicine, The Definitive Guide (Future Medicine Publishing)
1.The body has the power to heal itself. The role of a naturopathic professional is to facilitate this process using natural, nontoxic therapies.
2.Treat the cause rather than suppressing the symptoms. Naturopathic professionals believe in correcting the underlying cause of an illness. Symptoms such as a fever or inflammation are the
way the body heals itself.
3. Do no harm by using safe, natural, non-invasive treatments such as herbs, nutrition, essential oils and homeopathy.
4. Treat the whole person. Health is a complex mix of physical, emotional, spiritual and social factors.
5. Prevention is the best cure. The job of the naturopath is to teach people how to keep themselves from getting sick by adopting a healthy lifestyle.
Questions to ask
• Do you have training in a specific area that might be helpful to my condition?
• Can you tell me about your success in treating clients with a condition similar to mine?
• How much does a session cost?
• How often will I need to schedule follow-up sessions?
• Is this treatment covered by medical insurance? Do you accept medical insurance.